A trundle beds is a small size bed that is built in such a way that homeowners can store it underneath a regular bed. A trundle bed is a small bed that works in conjunction with one another. Many parents invest in wooden Trundle beds as they can be used for babies and can easily be hidden away when not in use.
In simple language, a trundle bed is a two-in-one bed featuring a primary bed frame and a second mattress that slides out from underneath the frame as and when needed. When the second bed is stored within the trundle bed frame, one can easily use two sleeping spaces in the footprint of one single bed frame.
Trundle beds are designed in such a way that the parent bed is twin-sized while the trundle bed is relatively smaller than it. The lower frame which is known as the trundle of the bed has rollers that can easily slide and be stored under the bed when not used. Besides being used in kids’ rooms, or bedrooms, these trundle beds make excellent guest beds as well. It is an ideal way to welcome guests even in case you have a small space in your apartment. Trundle beds are exceptionally useful and can be kept in smaller apartments as well. In this article, we will discuss some of the benefits of buying a trundle bed.
Trundle Bed vs. Normal Bed: What’s the Difference?
Trundle beds and daybeds are both space-saving pieces of furniture aiming to provide effective sleeping, but there are some the differences between both:
- Construction: A trundle bed is a bed that pulls out from under the bed frame. A daybed features a three-sided bed frame with two sides serving as a headboard and a footboard and the third side as the backrest of a couch.
- Function: The trundle bed offers extra sleeping space. Similar to a futon, a daybed is an elegant piece of furniture that can be utilized both as a sofa and a bed.
- Size: Trundle beds at Khaticraft comes with twin, full, queen, or king-size mattresses so you can choose the best one based on your needs.
All about Trundle Beds
When talking about putting a bed in your baby’s nursery, you explore numerous opinions. Though some people like placing another bed, while for others a trundle bed is more convenient. Keeping a trundle bed in your room gives an additional sleeping area for overnight guests, and also offers a comfortable space for your family to gather.
The advantages of keeping trundle beds are written below:
Trundle beds offer an additional sleeping area
This is especially true for the parents whose baby sleeps with them in their bedroom, and the kids’ room will actually remain empty overnight. In case some guests arrived at your home, you can free the kids’ room for them and use the extra sleeping space of trundle beds.
Trundle beds offer a comfortable spot for the family to gather on
This seems especially practical in case you have a toddler at home and you require some place near to your bed to feed or change the clothes. Since there are many nights that you will inevitably have to spend with your baby, so you can utilize the extra space near the bed.
The pros of having a wooden trundle bed in a room include additional sleeping space and storage. Trundle beds at Khaticraft come in a variety of stylish options that are helpful to all parents. In order to enjoy maximum convenience, make sure you check the dimensions carefully or ask the experts to design the same as per your requirements. Based on the style, trundle beds can also serve as daybeds or chaise lounges in the daytime since the size is similar to a small couch, which makes them very practical for a nursery.
Two beds in the space of one
This is another main reason why more parents buy a trundle bed in their nursery, both parents can sleep in the room with their child and trundle beds can save time and space in the room.
A stylish piece of furniture when not in use
At Khaticraft, one can explore numerous designs in trundle beds that help enhance the overall look of the place manifolds. A few of the models come with under-bed storage and they are more appropriate for your baby’s nursery.
Different kinds of Trundle Beds
Trundle beds come in a variety of styles to accommodate space needs and preferences.
- Single Trundle Bed. A single trundle bed is meant for a mattress that is 36 inches wide while 78 inches. It can easily accommodate two children, one on top while the other on the wheeled bed. The single trundle beds are more suitable for a kids’ bedroom.
- Double Trundle Bed. A double trundle bed needs would require a mattress that is 48 inches wide and 78 inches long. This kind of bed can easily accommodate two adults and you can also place it in a guest bedroom.
- Roll-out trundle: It is a standard trundle bed having a mattress that rolls on casters.
- Pull-out trundle: This trundle bed’s mattress can be mounted on a platform attached to the metal frame. Pull-out trundles might support less weight as compared to roll-out mattresses.
- Pop-up trundle: This kind of frame pops up to be the same height as that of the main bed.
- Trundle bunk bed: Many twin bunk beds feature a trundle drawer under the lower bunk, thus giving the option to add three mattresses instead of the standard two.
- Captain’s bed with trundle: Some captain’s beds might have a trundle mattress along with its storage drawers.
So what are you waiting for? Purchase a wooden trundle bed from Khaticraft by accessing a wide range of designs. If you prefer the classic look of wood, our range of wooden Sheesham trundle beds will surely appeal to you.